When this winter ends, you need to have your property ready for spring sale. In many countries, spring is the most ideal time to buy properties. If you aim for next spring sale, you need to at least make a list of what to do make your property more presentable and ready to catch potential buyer’s interest. It is hard to protect your property from harsh winter because there are many potentials of costly damage such as bursting pipes, freezing valves, etc. in the initial of winter, you must winterize your property to survive extreme temperature. However, you need to be ready to de-winterize it when winter near to end.
Preparing your property for spring sale and make it look desirable to buy
Gaining profit from selling your property means you need to do something more so that your property will be more outstanding and desirable than others. There are many things to do after you have gone through winter. There are many things to clean and arrange to adjust with the weather. Here are things of what to do to prepare your property for next spring sale:
- You need to start cleaning your property at least two weeks before winter ends. You can also start cleaning gradually so that your work will get easier when spring near. You can even start from small things such as cleaning the cupboards, the attic, etc. you can focus more on cleaning the interior first. When the spring comes, you can start cleaning the exterior.
- For the exterior, you can focus more on the garden instead. You can remove dead plants, and prepare new plants to plant for spring. Thus, your garden will start blooming when spring comes. Make sure your garden is free from wild weeds and bush.
- Long –term maintenance is also needed to be on the to-do list. You may need to take a note of peeling paint, dirty carpets, cracked tiles, or roofs, etc. make sure to be thorough in inspecting every part of your house that needs to be repaired when spring comes. Thus, you can put them on the list and be more prepared if there is big repair needs to be done.
- It is recommended to de-clutter by donating unnecessary items from your property. If you think older furniture need to be replaced then write it on your list. You can also just do simple staging by replacing old rug or cushion. This small upgrade still give impact to the look of your property.
- When spring comes, make sure to open all windows so that fresh air can get in. remember that there might be smells built up over winter. This small action can help you get rid of it. You may also need pest spray to make sure there are no insects hidden between the furniture.
- When everything is done with preparation, you just need to contact local real estate agent to ask them for appraisal. Not to mention you also need to take the best picture of your property.